Marta Zamarska is an emerging Polish artist and the runner-up of Back to Nature Showdown on Saatchi Online with her painting that judge Ged Quinn described as “Monet meets Edward Hopper”. Her painting “A Railway Impression II” is currently exhibited in the Saatchi gallery in London. Marta Zamarska is one of 12 artists included in Invest in Art Part II on Saatchi Online.
In 2008 she graduated from the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts, the Faculty of Painting. The Diploma with honours under the artistic supervision of prof. Krzysztof Wachowiak ( painting), prof. Dorota Grynczel (batik, artistic fabrics), dr Piotr Szuber (theoretical part). The Railway Journal is devoted to railway, which has been the dominant theme in the artstic creation by Marta Zamarska for many years.
Marta Zamarska is also a qualified English teacher. She graduated from the Teachers Training College in Cieszyn, as well as the American Studies Center, Warsaw University, where she specialized in American culture and literature. M.A thesis under the supervision of dr Krystyna Mazur concerns the influence of painting, music and dance on the structure of Frank O’Hara’s poetry (“Aesthetics of Open Form: a Study of the Relations between Frank O’ Hara’s Poetry, Modern Painting, Music and Dance”).
In addition, her works are in numerous private collections in Poland, Germany, Italy and the USA. Group exhibitions include 100% Painting, 2008 Diplomas, Koneser, Warsaw, Poland. Solo art exhibitions include the Railway Journal, Coco de Oro, 2011, Warsaw, Poland; the Railway Journal, Railway Fair, 2011,Warsaw, Poland; the Railway Journal, Museum Night, Engine House, 2011, Skierniewice, Poland.
The artist comes from Ustron and likes mountains and mountain cycling. She trained modern dance for many years and this subject is another inspiration for her artistic creation. In 2007 she took part in Solo&Duo Dance Festival.
– The Saatchi Gallery – London – “Back to Nature Showdown” – exhbition of the runner up artwork: A Railway Impression II
– Train car PKP Intercity – Warsaw – Railway Fair – “The Railway Journal” – solo art exhibition
– Engine House – Skierniewice – Children’s Day – “The Railway Journal” – solo art exhibition
– Engine House – Skierniewice – Museum Night – “The Railway Journal” – solo art exhibition
– Coco de Oro – Warsaw – “The Railway Journal” – solo art exhibition
– Koneser – Warsaw – “100% Painting, 2008 Diplomas” – group exhibition