Karolina Zgłobicka was born in 1988, coming from Sanok Karolina Zgłobicka lives and paints in Manchester. Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art and Design received at the Manchester College (2012), mobilized her to continue her studies at the Faculty of Fine Arts at the Manchester School of Art.
In her paintings she is looking for subtle pieces of reality actually dying unnoticed in everyday translations. In the bilingual reality she tries to strike a balance of meanings, words, gestures and explanations in a new to them and also to her space. Her work is a series of repeated motifs hidden under layers of paint, the attempts to capture the reflections and light. It’s a world of collage of colors and shapes, of topics in which the strokes of brush are escaping from the context, the past does not determine the future and the associations are given a second chance.
– BA(Hons) Fine Art – Manchester School of Art – Manchester Metropolitan University
– Foundation Studies in Art and Design – The Manchester College
– Shortlisted for SECRET ART PRIZE 2014 – London
– THE LICHFIELD ART PRIZE – shortlisted – exhibition at Lichfield Cathedral 4th-13th July
– POST EVERY THING – painting exhibition – Bureau Gallery Manchester
– REVERIE – painting/sculpture exhibition- Piccadilly Place Manchester
– 7 CUBED- painting exhibition – Centre for Design and Manufacture (CDM) Manchester
– Winning Artist of The Abstract Art Competition 2014 – Galerie Cacco
– Group Exhibition – ‘Untitled Paintings’ Link Gallery – Manchester
– A Winters Art Crawl – The Holden Cafe Gallery – Manchester
– Welcome Back Show – The Holden Cafe Gallery – Manchester