In 2011 she graduated from the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts in painting from the Painting studio of prof. Leon Tarasiewicz. Since that time, she had many individual and group exhibitions. Recently teamed up with galleries in Santa Monica and San Francisco, where in March 2015 will have an exhibition. In September will present her work in Berlin during the Berlin Art Week and in November in Hamburg at the Affordable Art Fairs.
Flamingo-colored pink, candy, pastel, sweet blue, white cotton glace and mass of colors merge with masterfully executed details to create a pleasant, untouched world of beautiful people, animals and decorations all created into perfection. It’s all being the essence of her work that consists of the brilliant but well thought out and witty images of the world of Justyna Kisielewic. The artist, who has completed studies of painting at the studio of prof. Leon Tarasiewicz at the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts pays tribute to richness of Baroque in a deliberately unconventional, yet thoughtful and ironic form.
The topic, the material from which she draws her inspiration is consumption and capitalism. In her work Justyna Kisielewicz touches upon pervasive, superficial, glossy, retouched mass culture: in a critical way, but in no case does it in a dismissive way, with the exaltation of herself or moralizing but always with a wink to the recipient.
Dr. Heike Welzel-Philipp via Galerie Villa Koeppe
– “16 shades of reality”, Art Pistols Gallery, Warsaw, Poland
– Painting exhibition “Oh yes! Now I see it!” GALLERY PROMOCYJNA, Warsaw, Poland
– Post–degree exhibition, GALLERY MITO, Warsaw, Poland
– “Battle of colours”, Czapski Art Gallery, Poznań, Poland
– “Borderline”, Acting Coach Studio, Warsaw, Poland
– “Jasiński & Friends”, National Theatre, Warsaw, Poland
– 2nd National Painting Contest: “Painting as the universal language”, Fundacja Rozwoju Sztuki Zielona Marchewka, Ludwik Zamenhof’s Center, Białystok, Poland
– 2nd National Painting Contest: “Painting as the universal language”, Fundacja Rozwoju Sztuki Zielona Marchewka, ZPAP Galeria Domu Artysty Plastyka, Warsaw, Poland
– “Animal – inspiration, symbol, excuse?”, Museum of Hunting and Horsemanship in the Royal Baths Park, Warsaw, Poland
– Art Fresh Festival IV, Sheraton Hotel, Warsaw, Poland
– XXI Auction “Wielkie Serce”(“The Great Heart”), The Manggha Museum of Japanese Art and Technology, Kraków, Poland
– XI International Autumn Salon of Art “Homo Quadratus Ostroviensis, BWA Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski, Poland
– Painting exhibition “Summer Salon”, GALLERY PROMOCYJNA, Warsaw, Poland
– Post-degree exhibition of Prof. Leon Tarasewicz’s studio “ Rozstanie” (“Parting”), GALLERY BIELSKA BWA, Bielsko–Biała, Poland
– Participation in “Young art auctions” organized by DESA UNICUM GALLERY, Warsaw, Poland
– Painting exhibition “O rety, różne portrety” (Gosh! Various portraits”), GALLERY W DOMU, Bytom, Poland
– Master Degree exhibition “DyploMY 2011”, BOCHENSKA GALLERY, Warsaw, Poland
– Painting exhibition, APPENDIX GALLERY, Academy of Fine Arts, Warsaw, Poland
Contact the artist