She was born in 1971 in Słupsk. After graduating from Koszalin art high school she started studying at the Academy of Fine Arts in Poznań, at the Faculty of Graphic Arts. After the first year she leaves for two years to France, then she returns to Poland to finish her studies and in 1998 she receives a degree in drawing and illustration and with that in her pocket she settles permanently in France, where she tries to find her place in the world of art. Beginning to be noticed by the installations in 2002, when she is invited to participate in the Busan Biennale in Korea. A year later she shows her work in the exhibition of contemporary art in Chelles (France). Next several years give her a few more opportunities to exhibit her work (Plattform gallery in Berlin, Public gallery in Paris), but slowly, be it the will of fate, or by her own indecision, her enthusiasm fades away, bite bitten by prose of life. For a couple of years, she only draws a little.
In 2004 she sends her drawings to the Bologna Children’s Book Fair and is qualified for the exhibition of illustrators; that is the beginning of her work in the field of book illustration. From that time she participates in many group exhibitions (The Emperors New Illustration / Bologna, Figures Futures / Montreuil – France, Blue Book / Iran, Le imagini della fantasia / Sarmede – Italy). Joanna Concejo collaborates regularly with Le Petit Atelier de Paris (utility design, ceramics), the school of illustration Fabbrica delle Favole – Macerata in Italy as well as with Influencia magazine. Books with her illustrations appear in Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland and Poland.
– Attorno al giardino in Bolonia in Perve galeria in Lisbon, 2009 .
– Exhibition of illustrations in the library in Saint-Herblain (France), 2011,
– Tea with Alice in Oxford, 2012.
– Un pas à la fois (Step by step) in Nei rami, Bolonia
– Il signor Nessuno – published by Topipittori
– Grand et petit – published by L’Atelier du Poisson Soluble
– L’Angelo delle scarpe – published by Topipittori
– Humo – published by OQO / issued in Poland by TAKO publishing house: Dym (Smoke)
– Au clair de la nuit – published by Motus
– Cuando no encuentras tu casa – published by OQO
– I cigni selvatici – published by Topipittori
– Entrez ! – published by Rouergue
– Zimbo – published by OQO
– Una stella nel buio – published by Topipittori
– Un pas à la fois – published by Notari
– Les fleurs parlent – published by Casterman
– Prince in pastry shop – published by Format
– Red Riding Hood – published by BIR Publishing