Alvaro Tapia Hidalgo is a graphic designer and illustrator born in Viña del Mar, Chile. After graduating from Universidad de Valparaiso, he went on to Escuela de Cine de Chile to specialize in Film Studies. Since 2000, Alvaro has worked as Art Director in design projects and as Film Editor and Post-producer in audiovisual projects. Since 2011, he has been working as a full-time illustrator. His illustration work uses a combination of traditional techniques and digital image processing. He has collaborated with print media such as The New Yorker, The Washington Post, Wired, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, New Republic, Forbes, Harper’s Bazaar, etc. He is currently based in Viña del Mar, Chile.
-“Angry People” (solo exhibition), EBK Gallery, Hartford Connecticut, USA
– Illustrated 2015, The Old Truman Brewery, London UK
– Berga Urban Museum, Vicenza, Italy
– “Potenciales Evocados”. Festival Propaganda 2014. Alianza Colombo Francesa, Barranquilla, Colombia.
– “Heineken Legendary Posters”. Gallery33 and The Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
– “Cabinet”. Gallery33, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– “Out of Body”, An exhibition curated by Ruben Ireland. Gauntlet Gallery, San Francisco, USA
– “Dissecting Art, Intersecting Anatomy”. S3 Gallery, Chicago, USA.
– Propaganda Gráfica. galería Alianza Francesa, Barranquilla, Colombia
– “Can’t beat em, join em: The Zombie Show”. Bottleneck Art Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, USA
– “Hellohead”. Cargo London, UK
– Puma Urban Art 2012. Buenos Aires, Argentina
– Artistic.ly. Exhibition at Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London, UK
– MADinSpain. Palacio de Congresos, Madrid, Spain
– “Siglo XXII. Loading…” Centro de Arte Tomás y Valiente (CEART), Madrid, Spain
– The New Yorker, Newsweek, Eight by Eight magazine, Revista In-LAN, Revista El Malpensante (Colombia), Grantland.com, OZY.com.
– The Washington Post, Forbes Japan, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Época Negocios (Brazil),
– The New Republic, Harper’s Bazaar, Riders Italian Magazine, No Cure magazine (Australia)
– Wired, Arte Magazin, Atomic Ski
– Rolling Stone, Bill magazine, Piauí (Brazil)